Georgia Tech Football at Virginia
Saturday, Oct. 23 · 7:30 p.m. ET · Charlottesville, Va. · Scott Stadium
• Georgia Tech begins the second half of its 2021 schedule on Saturday when it travels to face longtime Atlantic Coast Conference Coastal Division rival Virginia.
• For the fourth-straight game, Georgia Tech (3-3, 2-2 ACC) will face one of the nation’s top offenses when it squares off against Virginia (5-2, 3-2 ACC) and its sixth-ranked offense (526.1 ypg). The Yellow Jackets last three games also came against teams currently ranked in the top 20 nationally in total offense — North Carolina (19th), Pitt (fifth) and Duke (18th). The Jackets went 2-1 in those contests.
• Tech will combat Virginia’s high-powered offense with one of the nation’s top linebacking corps. The Yellow Jackets feature three LBs that rank in the top 10 in the ACC in tackles — Quez Jackson (first – 10.2/gm), Ayinde Eley (third – 9.2/gm) and Charlie Thomas (ninth – 7.8/gm).
• A win on Saturday would be a milestone victory for Georgia Tech in many ways. With a win, the Yellow Jackets would surpass their win total in each of their first two seasons under head coach Geoff Collins, as well as move them above .500 through seven games for the first time since 2017.
• Additionally, a win would give Tech back-to-back victories for the first time in three seasons under Collins. The Jackets haven’t won consecutive games since they won four-straight from Oct. 25-Nov. 17, 2018.
• Additionally, a victory on Saturday would be Georgia Tech’s first at Virginia since 2013, snapping a three-game losing skid in Charlottesville.
• UVA’s Scott Stadium has traditionally been one of the toughest venues on Georgia Tech’s schedule. The Yellow Jackets are 4-13.
The Alexander-Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech athletics, providing scholarship, operations and facilities support for Georgia Tech’s 400-plus student-athletes. Be a part of developing Georgia Tech’s Everyday Champions and helping the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of college athletics by supporting the Annual Athletic Scholarship Fund, which directly provides scholarships for Georgia Tech student-athletes. To learn more about supporting the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.